This is a full time direct hire position, Great Company, Great Pay and Benefits. Did I say GREAT BENEFITS, I have not seen benefits this good in 20 Years.
The Network Architect is responsible for the strategic architectural direction of the wired and wireless network, voice, and video infrastructure architecture, enabling the organization to meet business objectives. This architect works directly with the enterprise architecture team, the leaders of the IT department, and the company's system’s management team. The position requires an in depth knowledge of establishing architectural principles for network, voice, and video capabilities across the enterprise.
Develops system requirements and ensures that systems will be secure and effectively integrated with current infrastructure. Ensures that all systems are working at optimal levels and offers support to the business application teams regarding new technologies and system requirements. Has thorough knowledge of network, voice, and video infrastructure, application architecture, and web and software applications. In conjunction with the Enterprise Architecture team, the architect is responsible for coordinating activities to establish common roadmaps and core capabilities to support All Client's Locations.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to provide strategic oversight and planning of enterprise network, voice, and video infrastructure initiatives to ensure they are properly designed and in alignment with enterprise infrastructure strategies. Set and manage stakeholders’ expectations; recommend solutions; manage vendor relationships; mediate between infrastructure, enterprise architecture, and application teams.
- Establish key vendor relationships with IT leadership; assess emerging technologies; provide key input on technology investments regarding price vs. performance vs. capabilities. Knowledge of emerging technologies and vendor roadmaps; ability to balance costs against benefits.
- Ability to define/document target architecture; anticipate network, voice, and video growth; ensure scalable and flexible core technologies; stay abreast of industry trends and to quickly assess new products; use KPI’s and effective metrics to improve key processes; bridge typically separate areas across the infrastructure landscape. Understanding of business drivers and stakeholder requirements; understanding of documentation and architectural frameworks; experience in capacity and performance management.
- Lead and participate in architectural reviews and/or audits; define and maintain documentation of infrastructure and technology standards, process, and policies related to core infrastructure areas. Develops and reviews solutions to ensure network, voice, and video infrastructure systems and associated processes align with IT Strategies and Roadmaps.
- Review and recommend infrastructure technologies to meet business needs and priorities and to align with enterprise strategies. Design the technical network, voice, and video infrastructure for the enterprise; effectively integrate solutions into the existing infrastructure; document current state infrastructure architecture; consult on key projects; confirm the deployed solutions meet the business’ needs and technical requirements.
- Provide technical infrastructure support to determine root cause on infrastructure problems and major incidents.
- Participate to develop and manage ongoing enterprise architecture governance structure on basis of business plus IT strategies. Promote organization architecture process and results to organization inclusive of business leaders and enterprise’s IT.
- Other duties within the department as assigned
Required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in IT or Health Informatics or equivalent work experience with 10 years of demonstrable experience designing and integrating network infrastructures.
Effective communication skills to interact with all levels of technology and business partners
excellent facilitation skills
Experience delivering concurrent, large information management projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery.
Experience in Network segmentation and security.
Public speaking experience in front of large groups and executives
Experience working with vague requirements and/or within organizations that are non-structured
Creative and critical thinking skillset
Innovative approach to problem solving
Strong interpersonal and excellent communications skills (written and verbal) required.
Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) a plus