Lead System Administrator
Premier client seeks Lead Systems Administrator for growing Enterprise Infrastructure environment. Looking for someone with strong experience leading the effort to provide support, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance. Experience Supporting Policies and procedures to architect, install, configure and maintain physical and virtual server infrastructure including peripherals to support business applications.
· Write and reviews policies with management to document and maintain the integrity of the infrastructure.
· Support Network administrators in maintaining network infrastructure to include provision of internal and external connections.
· Provision and support network connectivity to include VPN, third party connections, DNS and internal access.
· Support and provision F5 load balancer infrastructure.
· Administer monitoring and daily maintenance such as patching, antivirus and enterprise backups.
· Responsible for all mail products used by client user community to include Exchange.
· Versed in scripting languages and tools used to maintain, monitor and diagnose.
· Work issues impacting the server and network infrastructure, coordinating necessary business areas or vendors to achieve the most efficient problem resolution with least impact to the business.
· Provide scheduled reporting to management on health of infrastructure.
· Manage scheduling and review of staff duties to include coaching on policy and procedures when required.
· Provide management reporting on staff performance to include reviews.
· Work with team to proactively ensure proper performance, integrity and capacity of infrastructure.
· Ensure software is at appropriate versions and service pack levels.
· Responsible for maintaining focus on patching and antivirus updates for servers.
· Work with Project Management, Business areas and vendors to implement new infrastructure or update existing infrastructure supporting the business.
· Reviews/administers user add/change/delete process across all o/s platforms via AD, LDAP, local policy and network rules.
· Support other IS areas such as Desktop and Operations.
· Ensures SLA’s are met on projects and tickets.
· Interacts directly with Business Development Team to provide technical analysis and scope for projects.
· Ensures weekend and after hours’ coverage is maintained and serving the needs of the business.
· Assists all areas as necessary or required by IS Manager, taking a lead role in implementing their vision.
· Mentor staff on best practices and new technology.
· Provide recommendations on improving infrastructure and processes.
· Manage resources and coordinate tasks for large scale projects.
· Works with staff and management to mitigate delays and issues related to team work loads.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Managers(s).
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to collaborate with various teams and departments within the organization
· Focus on continuous learning and development
· Dependable and reliable, open to change and feedback
· Independently able to make decisions and solve problems
· High quality work standards and output
· Adapt well to changes in assignment and priority
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
· WINDOWS, LINUX, UNIX, AIX, DB2, SQL Server, IIS, ACTIVE DIRECTORY, LDAP, IMAP, POP, M/S Office suite, Firewalls, Switches, F5 Load balancers.
· Excellent communications skills with a strong customer service orientation. Background in computer and network operations required.
· MS Certifications a plus.