Our client in the Financial Services industry is in immediate need of a Quantitative Software Developer in the Philadelphia area. This is a contract to hire with a converting salary up to around $130,000/yr with some flexibility.
The Software Developer will be involved in new and continued development within the front office. This individual will be working closely with Portfolio Managers. This individual will work in this business intensive role where it is imperative that they can engage in conversations to understand drivers behind requirements and adapt quickly to meet new requirements.
- 3+ years of extensive experience with Python 2.6 using it to develop applications and server platforms
- SQL Programming – Stored procedures, Materialized Views, etc.
- Experience building API interfaces.
- Extensive experience in working with large amounts of data including time series data in the process of using for Business Intelligence and Analytics.
- Experience working with AWS and other cloud technologies.
- Understanding of methodologies such as OO design, SDLC, Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in data profiling and analyzing.
- Ability to take requirements and design solutions that work in an already existing platform.
- An individual contributor capable of executing with minimal supervision.