Senior IAM Engineer
The Identity and Access Senior Engineer provides project related solutioning, development, execution, and support. This position provides mentoring to fellow engineers and contributes the team development by ensuring knowledge transfer of IAM engineering fundamentals. S/he responds to strategies provided by the Architecture and Engineering Team and its management for implementation and oversight and is responsible for creating and maintaining the Identity & Access Management program and standards.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Proactively develops and recommends IAM strategies; takes ownership of these strategies through all phases
• Provides mentoring to fellow engineers; serves as project lead in IT projects/tasks that require IAM strategy and knowledge
• Responsible for delivering enterprise-wide Identity, Access, Directory and Authentication Services for employees, contractors, and vendors with the capability to support cloud and on premise application services
• Represents SME role for ISO 27001 needs and assignments
• Documents the design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures
• Documents and demonstrates IAM solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
• Provides scripting solutions to include Powershell, .NET, VBScript, and LDAP for Identity Access Management (IAM) systems
• Works with other Identity and Access Management Team members to maintain familiarity with system design, architecture, and strategies in order to provide the highest levels of customer satisfaction possible.
• Prepares for and leads recurring technical, cross-functional and stakeholder meetings; works collaboratively with PMO teams and executive/service sponsors to prepare appropriate communications for inter/intra department meetings
• Ensures that the Enterprise services and servers remain operational. This effort will include using various methods and tools to monitor AD and IAM services
• Works within the Identity and Access Management Team to cross-train and expand overall team capabilities for assisting with servicing of requests, responding to issues/problems, and participating in routine operational administration activities
• Provides after hours support as needed to address incidents and to maintain systems, support operational efforts and implement changes that would otherwise create business impact
• Consults with business units when implementing access levels for new systems
• Creates and maintains architecture and documentation for IAM systems
• Prepares documentation for audits and acts as the point of contact for audit issues
• Demonstrated understanding of modern Identity & Access Management concepts and best practices required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university
• Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience in a IAM Senior Administrator or Engineer role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.