This is a full time direct hire position. Base salary $100K to $125K plus 10% bonus. Awesome company, great benefits. 100% Remote
The DBA/ Data Engineer should have experience in cloud hosted environment managing backup recovery, replication, high availability, designing and managing schema, monitoring diagnosing and optimizing database performance. Using your experience, you will develop and maintain technical standards, procedures, and documentation. You will also maintain highly available system supporting PostgreSQL database in multi-region and container environments. This person will work with business owners, engineers and other groups to design strong reliable solutions.
- Work alongside our cloud infrastructure team to plan, administer, maintain and secure PostgreSQL databases in an AWS environment.
- Define standard practices and procedures for operational support, writing and updating documentation
- Ensure systems are running at the highest possible performance level as well as analyzing and tuning queries.
- Analyze database changes requested by the Agile development teams for impacts to database designs, naming standards, design standards, data conversions, and documentation.
- Desire to learn about the data and it’s use to make recommendations for improvements in how it is stored and processed
- Build and maintain highly available systems to ensure maximum up time. This includes Postgres databases in containers
- Work in unity with our Business Intelligence (BI) team to design, build and maintain Data Warehouse for BI and analytics
- Manage system security and protect PII data.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of PostgreSQL DBA
- Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of AWS database offerings (e.g. RDS, Aurora, and Dynamo)
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and development
- Demonstrated experience in data modeling tools.
- Experience with Data Warehousing and utilizing ETL tools such as AWS Glue
- Experience working with PostgreSQL database in containers
- Knowledge of Oracle a plus
- Health and Dental
- Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Plan and Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Days and Personal Day