Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Engineer | DLL Job Description
DLL is not your average financial services company. In fact, we’re above average in almost every way. With an employee engagement score of 85% (compared to the 72% industry average), it sure seems like we’re doing something right. And, while most companies survive fewer than 20 years, 2019 marked our 50th.
We collaborate with manufacturers, suppliers and businesses in more than 30 countries to enable the acquisition of equipment, technology and software that companies need to contribute meaningfully to their communities. We believe in partnering with our customers to develop innovative and sustainable financial solutions that deliver meaningful value to the world.
At DLL, we are committed to making sure that all people, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical characteristics or mental abilities, feel welcomed and encouraged to be their authentic selves. We strive to create an inclusive environment that is reflective of the communities in which we operate. Come see what all the excitement is about.
As a Lead Full Stack Engineer, you are responsible for designing and building solutions involving front end, facing consumers/customers to backend systems through services. You should have a demonstrated experience in creating and building solutions primarily on Java, Springboot, NodeJS, Typescript, and/or React. You will be responsible for being the central designer/developer building, Single Page Web applications, Microservices, and Orchestration APIs. In this role you will be responsible for working with the team and participate in building pragmatic solutions and solve complex business requirements within the context of digital transformation initiatives.
In this role you will be part of the Digital team that is responsible for strategizing and delivering digital solutions to cater for a diverse business community. You will be an integral member of an exciting environment where digital solutions through various channels (Web, APIs, Mobile etc) are being implemented. The position requires someone who is self-driven, with excellent communications skills (verbal and written), works well under pressure, and effectively work with cross-functional teams. This role is also requiring visionary thinking ability and provide cross functional solutions impacting multiple applications in the landscape.
DAY TO DAY:
· Build and maintain APIs that are for internal and external exposure.
· Work with external and internal partners in defining the technical user stories, build, test.
· Work with Frontend and Backend applications and cross functional team of engineers to design integrated solutions, test, and deploy.
· Design and build Web applications with enhanced UX.
· Think critically and provide end-to-end / scalable solutions impacting multiple systems.
· Design, deploy, and manage cloud serverless architecture.
· Represent Digital team in various other areas of IT in providing integrated solutions.
· Work closely with key business stakeholders and partners beyond the product owners/managers.
· Work on products that are built in Agile and DevOps delivery model.
· Establishing and adhering to the coding standards and following Github/VSTS branching and release strategies best practices.
· Implement unit and automated integration tests.
· Create solution architectures and application designs that are flexible and scalable.
· Contributes to engineering communities of practice, and documents work.
· BS or MS degree in Computer Information Science or related technical field.
· 9 to 12 years of Information Technology Software cycle experience.
· Experience with developing microservices utilizing Node.js (Typescript is a plus).
· 7+ years of software engineering experience in building APIs and supporting backend services with Relational DB and/or NoSQL DB.
· Experienced in unit and automated integration testing.
· Knowledge of front-end libraries like React, Node.js etc.
· Experience with or knowledge of Agile Development methodologies (SAFe is a plus).
· Excellent analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
· Excellent team player with proven ability to influence.
· Willing to learn and work in a highly adaptable to a continuously changing environment.
· Able to give and receive open, honest feedback and to foster a highly collaborative environment.
· Outstanding communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills for team development.
· Possible Travel (10%).
· Experience within financial services is a plus.
· Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity
· Health and Wellness program including healthy food, fresh Coffee Plaza, free health checks, fun health & vitality activities
· Flexible hours with possibility to work from home (within job scope)
· Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs
· Highly competitive benefits
DLL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with our values and all applicable legislation.
DLL appreciates the time you spend applying to our openings. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Hiring is subject to successful completion of a background verification and integrity check.