No sponsorship or H1 transfers for this role. US Citizen or Green card holder only.
Sr UX Designer
The Sr. UX Designer will be responsible for designing wireframes, customer flows, and user experiences, as well as performing journey mapping, discovery, and design thinking exercises to produce the artifacts needed for clients.
You will use your storytelling abilities to effectively communicate ideas from conception to completion to a variety of audiences including Sales, Marketing, Executives and External Clients. You will lead and own the design of solutions from ideation and research, to UX and information architecture, to complete polished UI designs.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work with clients to plan and conduct research to understand how to solve client problems and present solutions that are grounded in first and third party data.
- Define user goals, personas, and user flows and translate them into wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Design the UX and CX of solutions all the way from research and ideation to complete high fidelity comps and prototypes.
- Team up with engineering to transform product visions into beautiful, elegant experiences.
- Use visual tools and artifacts such as journey maps, user flows, personas, wireframes, and prototypes to effectively communicate ideas, and understand which tool is appropriate at each stage in the process.
- Partner with Marketing, Services, and Engineering to ideate and design innovative tradeshow experiences and solutions to showcase at several tradeshows each year.
- Perform user testing for client or internal tools and use that data to continuously iterate and evolve the design to meet the needs of our users.
- Take initiative and don’t be afraid to call out poor experiences. You accept that you don’t know everything and you are eager to learn.
- Work with other designers and team members to continuously improve designs. Be open to iterative feedback to help our company produce its best work.
- Other duties as assigned
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- High School Diploma is required; BA/BS degree in Design, Psychology, Computer Science, or related field, or UX certifications is preferred, OR equivalent practical working experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrable industry experience in UX design required.
- A strong portfolio showcasing UX case studies that solved real-world user problems. (Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered).
- Expert in visual and interactive design tools such as Sketch, Figma, XD, InVision, and the Adobe Creative Cloud required.
- A clear understanding of UX principles and understanding of when to apply each strategical artifact throughout the UX process required.
- A general understanding of SDLC best practices and methodologies including Agile and Scrum required.
- Experience working with project tracking tools such as JIRA, Mavenlink, Trello, or similar tools required.
- Ability to reduce complex problems down to simple, flexible, and beautiful interfaces required.
- A technical understanding of web and mobile applications, and other touch screen applications like kiosks preferred but not required.
- Ability to multi-talk and manage multiple projects at once, and can easily context switch between a variety of deliverables and clients.
- Ability to ideate on and clearly communicate an idea with limited requirements.
- Experience conducting first party research and testing, and turning them into insights to inform the design process.
- A solid understanding of UI best practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of accessibility practices preferred.
- Ability to guide on or more (Junior) UX/UI Designers.
For consideration, send a resume to email@example.com