Sr. Network Engineer – Operations
Senior Network Engineer – Operations
Looking for a Network Engineer that demonstrates a high level of competency in supporting daily operations in a fast paced environment. Candidates should be highly motivated, eager to learn new technologies, be able to react to rapidly changing conditions while maintaining their professionalism. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal will be used to build strong relationships and cross-functional teams. This is a Full Time Position and will require occasional local travel to facilities.
- Responsible for leading initiatives to improve service delivery for infrastructure services
- Administer and support complex networks that consist of various network, security and wireless devices.
- Analyze current device configurations and determine implementation requirements
- Work with 3rd party NOC provider to integrate monitoring and managed services.
- Service owner to create a roadmap and implement and maintain technology according to best practices
- Participate in enterprise-wide technology change programs to enhance network infrastructure design.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Provide 3rd level support and troubleshooting of critical network & security problems
- Develops documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedures.
- Develop opportunities to enhance the network security and wireless performance or reliability.
- Participate in on-call rotation and periodically provide after hours and weekend support.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or combination of below certification(s) and experience
- 5-8 years designing and administering enterprise networks, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- One or more of the following strongly preferred:
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCDP) and/or progression toward such certifications
- Palo Alto PCNSA certification
- Aruba ACMA certification
- Self-driven, customer focused professional who manages time/priorities effectively.
- Team player – willing to mentor junior staff.
- Experience leading small teams in network operations related activities.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent technical support documentation skills.
- Strong vendor management skills – particularly in 3rd part managed services (NOC)
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Required/Strongly Preferred Experience:
- Demonstrated expertise with Cisco route/switch, ASA firewalls, ISE (TACACS/Radius) in large Data Center environment.
- Experience deploying NAC in an enterprise environment (Clearpass or ISE)
- Experience with Aruba WLC’s, Clearpass & Airwave preferred
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls preferred
- Experience supporting vendor provided SD-WAN services preferred.
- Experience with network forensic tools (wireshark, Logic Monitor)
- Troubleshoot, configure, deploy and replace core networking technologies in the field.
- Demonstrated expertise in network documentation/diagraming skills
- Understanding of server technologies such as Active Directory, Windows DNS, DHCP (InfoBlox) preferred.