Technical Lead, Software Modernization
This is a full time direct hire position. Sorry no sponsorship offered for this position. US Citizen or Green Card Holders only.
The Technical Lead, Software Modernization development initiatives to deliver quality products that meet customers’ expectations. Using the following technologies and methodologies, the Technical Lead, Software Modernization will provide progressive and best in class AWS cloud solutions to a variety of applications, restful services and data systems. You will perform detailed technical design, development and unit testing of custom applications and data flow in the context of projects, releases and production support.
- Provide technical oversight and mentoring for product development team members by sharing insights into best practices for coding, design and architecture principles.
- Responsible for code reviews and guide the team in the development, maintenance and defect resolution of code.
- Conduct rigorous reviews to make sure the products and services required for major seasonal events are carefully tested and team is fully prepared to execute the playbook.
- Collaborate with fellow business customers, IT strategic partners, architects, business analysts, developers, and project managers to design solutions and solve problems.
- Nurture and support a strong engineering culture with product focus, excellent technology, high quality implementations, self-motivated innovation and problem-solving.
- Implement and maintain robust application monitoring practices and integrate it with the 24×7 IT Services Management processes.
- Establish a mechanism to continuously collect measurements to monitor the effectiveness of application operations and develop plans for improvement.
- Be available outside of regular business hours to support code deployments, implement IT maintenance and upgrades, and to respond to disruptions in application services.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline required
- 8+ years’ of experience
- Experience developing enterprise level, multi-tiered applications
- Experience with service-oriented architecture development and implementation
- Strong knowledge of database design and data modeling principles
- Strong practical experience with Spring Framework, Hibernate, and database design development and operations
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Expert knowledge in Agile Scrum practices, ITIL standards, Software Development, and Application Life Cycle Management
- Expert knowledge in Angular, Java/J2EE, HTML/CSS/SASS, Spring MVC Framework and JPA/Hibernate
- Expert Knowledge of DevOps in AWS environments
- Expert Knowledge of SOAP and JSON RESTful web service development
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, containerization and Microservices.
- Strong teambuilding skills with prior team lead experience
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with great teamwork and interpersonal skills, reflecting the ability to interact with cross department groups
- Ability to work under pressure and solve problems using an analytical approach; decisive, fast moving; quick and constructive resolutions of conflicts; and a can-do mentality
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with internal business partners