Senior Project Manager (SAP/AP)
firstPRO is seeking a qualified Senior Project Manager for our client, a biotechnology company located out of King of Prussia. They’re looking for someone with strong experience in SAP, Optical Character Recognition, Vendor Invoice Management, and Accounts Payable. The ideal candidate will act as the liaison with assigned functional area for the purpose of business and digital alignment, business technology strategy support, solution discovery, service management, and relationship management. The individual will be responsible for supporting both the finance and procurement organization stakeholders to implement Open Text for Optical Character Recognition.
Senior Project Manager – SAP AP
- 100% Remote
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Compensation: $90 – $95/hour
- Type: Contract (Extension based on performance)
- Lead project planning sessions ensuring involvement and presence of required stakeholders from Business and I&T.
- Manage various sized, diverse, and geographically distributed project teams and ensure a healthy environment and culture of transparency and collaboration.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of project budgets, sensitivities, resources, project timelines, project scope, risk and all other project documentation.
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing project documentation, ensuring all documents follow our customer’s I&T standards, templates, and frameworks.
- Collaborates with Program Sponsor and stakeholders to understand requirements, priorities, and business imperatives.
- Secure growth opportunities and initiate new projects where possible.
- Manage project progress and highlight any risk proactively and ensure risk mitigation plan in place.
- Ensure timely communication of project updates, timelines, and any roadblocks in the form of status reports using standard customer templates.
- Ensure project budget is managed and not exceeded without an exception.
- Review the project budget and project plan regularly with required stakeholders, to avoid budget overruns and maintain transparency and collaboration.
- Participate in the procurement of new solution process, i.e., design, submission, and review as required.
- Conduct detailed project review, retrospectives, and detailed reports for executive and leadership team.
- Ensure regular evaluation of the project priorities with the stakeholders to ensure the sprint backlog is realigned based on any changed business priority or market condition.
- Responsible for framing the portfolio in language of business, providing clear choices and path for decision-making. Identify areas of improvement through value/KPI monitoring.
- Convene, educate, and engage key stakeholders on the business implications of portfolio decisions.
- Activity and resources planning for current and future projects, ensure the scope is defined and managed iteratively per sprint, set realistic time estimates, and evaluate team’s capabilities and availability.
- Mentor more junior team members and identify resource gaps.
- Optimize and improve project management and project delivery processes and overall approach where necessary.
- 7+ years IT experience
- Candidate should have experience with project forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Experience with portfolio management tools used for project planning, forecasting and reporting is also required.
- Clarity specific portfolio management tool experience is desirable.
- Managing SAP projects
- Managing projects involving integrations between SAP and non-SAP applications
- Familiarity with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and VIM (Vendor Invoice Management) projects and capabilities.
- Open Text implementation project is a plus.
- Familiarity with accounts payables (AP) functions or managing AP projects
- Experience working within a GXP environment
- Experience managing IT projects within a global environment using formal project management methodology, techniques, and tools
- Demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management and critical stakeholders
- Pharma/Biotech or similarly regulated environment experience desirable