IT Infrastructure Manager
firstPRO is seeking a qualified IT Infrastructure Manager for our client, a large shipping and handling organization located out of New Jersey. They are seeking an individual with managerial experience within a Windows based IT infrastructure, strong IT infrastructure admin experience, VMWare design/deployment/maintenance, and comfortability providing level 3 escalation to the helpdesk team. The ideal candidate will be able to manage the 1st and 2nd level support and local IT services, while also providing technical expertise within the client’s Microsoft environment.
IT Infrastructure Manager
- Type: Contract to Hire
- 100% Onsite
- Compensation: $60 – $65/hour
- Schedule: Standard hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Provide performance feedback and career coaching to the GGI infrastructure team
- Operation & support of local infrastructure (computer rooms, access control, time & attendance etc.)
- Oversee help desk operations and delivery of actionable trending and Key Performance Indicators for management review.
- Implement global IT policies, procedures, automation, and controls for consistent delivery of high availability services in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure operational resilience and stability of local IT infrastructure services.
- Further development and resource planning of the local IT resources
- Project management for multiple or single BU specific IT solutions within PPG.
- Advise BU on potential solution scenarios in collaboration with Global IT.
- Drive innovation for organizational or technical issues in coordination with Global IT.
- Support PPG IT budget planning and monitor PPG IT costs.
- Investment management for PPG IT infrastructure issues
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- 10 years of experience in technology roles, at least 5 of which include leading a team of information technology professionals.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of the business and financial aspects of Information Technology.
- Experience implementing processes, IT infrastructure architecture and standards, policy.
- Manages budgetary spend and performs budgetary planning.
- Ability to leverage negotiation skills to optimize use of resources, identify technology solutions that provide a cost benefit.
- Experience managing global 24×7 Information Technology operations with a service orientation; partnering and communicating technically and non-technically effectively across all organizational levels.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and track the status of multiple projects and issues at once.
- Demonstrate strong technical understanding of voice, video and data communications technologies