IT Support Specialist
firstPRO is seeking a qualified IT Support Specialist for our client, a large shipping and handling company located out of Vineland, New Jersey. They are looking for someone with strong experience in PC Build/Config/Deploy, Active Directory, HW/SW Troubleshooting, Windows Environment (W10, O365), responding to issues in workstation, laptop, network access, and phone support, general IT support duties and end user training (resolving desktop installation/corruption/malfunction issues)
IT Support Specialist
- Type: Contract to Hire
- 100% Onsite
- Compensation: $30/hour
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Respond to calls and emails as required to support the operation.
- General IT Support duties and training of end users (resolve desktop installation/corruption/malfunction issues, e.g. as required)
- Support multiple sites remotely with application, hardware, Office 365 and SAP connectivity issues and folder security issues.
- Perform software and application installation, and upgrades.
- Create users and assign permissions in Active Directory and Office 365
- Assist in computer networking and server operation functions.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of system security including, but not limited to McAfee Antivirus.
- Perform server and network monitoring.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the Systems/Network Administrator and/or Manager of Infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for daily operations and disaster recovery
- Assist the rest of the infrastructure team on large/team projects.
- Work with Group IT to deploy company driven strategy and initiatives worldwide.
- Seeks prioritization from the Manager of Infrastructure for prioritization of their own workload if needed.
- Enforce IT Best Practice standards.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems technologies, architectures, and products.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations and perform job in a safe manner.
- Up to 25%+/- travel required
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Knowledge of available computing and/or network hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Ability to provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users.
- Ability to comply with change control management procedures.
- Ability to fully document all systems using a variety of tools, including Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users and other technical staff members. Ability to clearly log/track all working time.