IT Support Specialist
firstPro is looking for an IT Support Specialist for our client, who has a strong foothold in the glass industry, who will be responsible to support the corporate office and the local plant by responding to calls and emails regarding issues in workstation, laptop, network access, and telephone areas. Due to the client’s operation hours, this position requires 24/7 on-call support. The ideal candidate comes with 2-5 years of professional experience in a service desk, help desk, or computer technician role along with an A.S. degree in Information Technology or a related field. This role is 100% onsite, with a home office located in Vineland, NJ. It is a 6-month, contract to hire role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to calls and emails as required to support the operation.
- General IT Support duties and training of end users (resolve desktop installation/corruption/malfunction issues, e.g., as required)
- Support multiple sites remotely with application, hardware, Office 365 and SAP connectivity issues and folder security issues.
- Perform software and application installation, and upgrades.
- Create users and assign permissions in Active Directory and Office 365
- Assist in computer networking and server operation functions.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of system security including, but not limited to McAfee Antivirus.
- Perform server and network monitoring.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the Systems/Network Administrator and/or Manager of Infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for daily operations and disaster recovery
- Assist the rest of the infrastructure team on large/team projects.
- Work with Group IT to deploy company driven strategy and initiatives throughout Gerresheimer worldwide.
- Seeks prioritization from the Manager of Infrastructure for prioritization of their own workload if needed.
- Enforce the Gerresheimer IT Best Practice standards.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems technologies, architectures, and products.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations and performs job in a safe manner.
- Up to 25%+/- travel required throughout Gerresheimer Divisions.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Knowledge of available computing and/or network hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Ability to provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users.
- Ability to comply with change control management procedures.
- Ability to fully document all systems using a variety of tools, including Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users and other technical staff members.
- Ability to clearly log/track all working time.