Help Desk Support Engineer
firstPRO is looking for a Help Desk Support Engineer for our client, who is a growing company in the medical device space. This is a hybrid, contract-to-hire role with offices located in Center City Philadelphia. The chosen candidate will be sharing responsibility for the day-to-day Help Desk support of over 350 employees, which includes the following elements:
IT Help Desk support
- Tier 1 help desk troubleshooting like password resets, setting up new users in a Windows 10 environment, etc.
- SSO on login methodologies
- Microsoft and Google workspace environments
- Troubleshooting audio (headset) issues in Windows 10
- Troubleshooting monitor and display issues in Windows 10
- Providing support in a remote environment
Primary responsibilities include:
- Tier 1 Help Desk, which includes escalated desktop issues and local infrastructure issues
- Management of our Azure AD environment and its federated SSO with Salesforce and Five9
- Support of security audit remediation
- Assisting in the troubleshooting of issues that arise on all servers. Has the ability to inspect server logs, etc.
- Researching, analyzing, and diagnosing system problems and making recommendations as to their solution
- Receiving incoming Help Desk support requests from 300+ internal customers
- Ensuring that documentation changes are performed accurately, and timely. Communicating changes to other team members, as deemed necessary
- Managing special projects and assignments as requested by management
- Supporting a 100+ seat call center
- Administrating the onboarding and offboarding of employees
Tech Skill Requirements:
- Experience as a Microsoft Engineer
- Ability to work with vendor partners to address and/or support any network related requests
- Technical background in the following Concepts/Technologies: Windows 10, Window Server 2019, Windows Server 2012, Azure Active Directory, GPOs, and Linux Servers
- Familiar with Google and Microsoft products
- Familiar with Virtual Machine (VM) concepts and implementation in VMware and Azure
- Ability to perform quality assurance activities to ensure standardization of best practices
- Monitor systems performance and implement performance tuning
- Available to respond to needs of internal customers for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunction
- Knowledge of PCI compliance
The ideal candidate will possess a BA/BS degree in IT or a related field and at least 4 to 6 years of experience. Must have excellent verbal communication, written communication, and social interaction skills.
Work Hours and Travel Requirements:
Candidate must be opened to providing off-hours production support as needed. Candidate will also be required to support operations in both our customer’s Center City Philadelphia and Paoli, PA centers.