Application Developer Manager
firstPRO is seeking a qualified Application Development Manager for our client, a large medical organization located out of Pennsylvania. They’re looking for someone with strong experience in estimating levels of development effort and planning.
Application Development Manager
- Compensation: $80 – $100/hour based on experience, benefits included (Health, Dental, Vision)
- 100% Remote
- Type: Contract to Hire
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology and systems initiatives.
- Develops project estimates and plans.
- Develops solutions on technical platforms to support business processes and initiatives.
- Establish trust with IT team and business partners
- Provide clear mentorship and direction, delegate appropriately, understand what it takes to develop and deploy software changes into an enterprise landscape, and be willing to be a hands-on leader as needed
- Works with operations teams and IT resources to understand enterprise architecture requirements and to align application and infrastructure specific goals.
- Provides technical leadership, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level and estimation of levels of effort needed to deliver
- Ensures that information solutions are flexible, support incremental development, ongoing maintenance, future enhancements, and maximize availability
- Ensures best practices are applied in change and release management
- Provides architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to other team members and software development teams
- Confers with business analysts to refine business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development
- Leads and directs work of software developers, both internal and external
- Works with Director to assist in hiring, training, and performance reviews
- Designs long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for technical architecture elements that support the business objectives
- Makes recommendations for the improvement and growth of the technology infrastructure
- A continuous improvement mindset to drive improvements to the process and team performance
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong technical skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, and solid written and oral communication.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle management, and various development methodologies including Agile, Kanban, and Waterfall
- Presentation, analytical, and organizational skills are highly important, as well as the ability to prepare and deliver informative presentations to varied audiences. NMS LABS – JOB
- End-to-end management of an entire development cycle from concept to deployment and monitoring of applications, procurement engagement and vendor management
- Proficient with Agile development management tools (JIRA preferred)
- Experience working with and managing outsourced and offshore teams
- Experience working with healthcare application environments including data structures and hosting environments, and ability to use this knowledge to integrate and map fields to published HL7 standards
- Expert in systems design
- Ability to understand complex systems
- Ability to manage projects
- Working knowledge of database administration
- Expert working knowledge of an object-oriented language such as VB or C++, C#, .NET or Java
- Experience with .NET, ASP, Java, T-SQL
- Experience with Actuate and Telerik
- Expert working knowledge of SQL (T-SQL or PL/SQL – ad hoc queries, stored procedures/functions)
- Working knowledge of key technical concepts such as cloud-based systems, web services, Kubernetes, and container frameworks, etc.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and Transact SQL
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (Excel, Word, Access)
- HL7 Experience and skills
- Experience with MS SharePoint
- Experience with Power BI and Power Automate
- Ability to manage daily performance of the software development team
- Strong decision-making, consensus building and conflict resolution skills