Project Manager/Business Analyst
firstPRO is seeking a qualified Project Manager/Business Analyst for our client, an education institution based out of Pennsylvania. They are seeking someone that can identify and document business processes, workflows, and gather business requirements to be developed by software.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Compensation: $65 – $67/hour with benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Type: Contract to Hire
- Location: King of Prussia, PA
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Provide process and business consultation services which include research, analysis facilitation, process modeling, and business process improvement techniques to propose and implement business and system solutions that meet objectives
- Obtain a deep understanding of relevant business area(s) to be able to recommend solutions and build high-quality requirements.
- Use a variety of techniques to understand business requirements, such as interviews, workshops, surveys, site visits, and storyboards.
- Shape business requirements by making recommendations and suggesting alternatives to proposed solutions.
- Understand technical options, limitations, costs, and risks.
- Communicate tradeoffs to business partners and work with them to shape requirements accordingly.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into clear, detailed functional requirements.
- Work with business and delivery teams to prioritize requirements.
- Help resolve competing priorities between stakeholder groups by facilitating stakeholder discussions and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Manage requirements scoping throughout the delivery process.
- Create artifacts as appropriate, including business case documentation, scope documentation, and process flows.
- Support delivery teams as they develop, test, and deploy solutions.
- Review delivery team output to ensure requirements are correctly interpreted; define and execute test cases.
- Document current processes and models to understand inefficiencies or gaps.
- Identify and assist in prioritizing opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Create project charter and other supporting project documentation
- Establish work plan (project schedule) and staffing for project activities, iterations, or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Work with project teams to create work breakdown structures (WBS) from project requirements and user stories estimate task durations sequence activities to maximize productivity
- Implement project communication plan.
- Perform risk assessment and implement mitigation plans.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise.
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and are in line with business objectives.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modified schedules or plans as required.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Continuously benchmark project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in project and portfolio management
- Identify stakeholders, help them decide on priorities, and manage their expectations.
- Lead meetings, including but not limited to, kickoff, project team update, project review/demo, and project retrospective.
- Participate in backlog grooming, daily stand-ups, and sprint planning as necessary to assist project teams with completing their assigned tasks.
- Manage project closure and the transition to operational support.
- Report project status to stakeholders and PMO regularly.
- Manage multiple interdependent projects simultaneously.
- Work closely with functional areas and technical teams, including vendors, to ensure that project solutions are technically sound, follow best practices, and meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field; project management and/or general business management; or equivalent, related
- IT experience Sufficient manual dexterity for operation of PC keyboard and other standard office equipment.