firstPRO is looking to fill a Desktop Engineer position for one of our clients in the automotive industry. Logistically this is a long term contract position that is hybrid with offices being located in Camden, NJ. Candidates will be responsible for maintaining and improving the end user computing hardware and software environment that the staff use on a daily basis which includes desktop and laptop computers, printers, customer support, desktop software, and operating system configuration. The candidate will also be responsible for monitoring and ensuring resolution of all tier 2 tickets. Compensation ranges from 35 to 45 an hour and is based on experience. All interested candidates please apply with an up to date resume!
- Obtain business requirements, perform initial analysis, provide budget estimations, research and propose computing solutions for implementation as well as plan and implement those solutions.
- Responsible for developing project timeline and delivery of medium to large scale projects.
- Identify and document business requirements and opportunities to improve end user computing.
- Evaluate products both hardware/software and prepare justification and recommendations for procurement.
- Respond to escalated helpdesk cases submitted by the end user community for hardware and software break/fix problems.
- Installation of end user hardware and software.
- Accountable for closure of helpdesk cases within documented Service Level requirements.
- Develop and Maintain standard computer configurations including documenting standards, instructions and insuring consistent application across the organization.
- 4-6 years of related experience
- Certifications: A Plus, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP). Microsoft Certified Technology Profession (MCTP) a plus, SCCM
- ServiceNow and Intune
- Experience with enterprise desktop and mobile management systems
- Ability to create complex software packages and distribute to end users
- Experience with Active Directory and GPOs a plus