Sr. SAP Project Manager
firstPRO is seeking a qualified Sr. SAP Project Manager for our client, a large manufacturer based out of New Jersey. They are seeking someone that will act as a senior leader for large, cross functional, high impact business programs (consisting of multiple projects and/or phrases).
Sr. SAP Project Manager
- Compensation: $70 – $80/hour with benefits
- Type: Contract possibly Contract to Hire
- 50% onsite
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Manage cross-functional project teams, with a key focus on aligning global ERP (SAP) strategy and supporting architecture to business needs.
- Manages the day-to-day work activities of project team members on implementation of moderate to high complexity business information technology systems, including structuring and estimating the project with the business sponsor and account manager, organizing the team, assigning and monitoring tasks, identifying and resolving project issues, identifying and mitigating project risks, managing scope and schedule changes, managing the project budget, and reporting status
- Sets direction and communicates a clear vision of the project’s objectives and motivates the project team to achieve them.
- Identify and track risks, actions, issues, decisions, dependencies, and synergies to ensure successful diligence and integration
- Build key success metrics to evaluate the impact of various projects, improvements, and services
- Work with functional and departmental leaders to prepare scopes of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost and budget estimates, work plan schedules and milestones, quality metrics, risk identification, and communication needs
- Provide project management on all assigned initiatives including, but not limited to: project plan creation and updating, weekly status reporting, governance reviews, procurement contracts, establishing budgets and tracking actuals to plan.
- Leads project owners of different reporting levels, work streams, and functions (including vendors) to inspire alignment, accountability and ensure overall program goals are being met
- Administer and utilize PM tools to ensure appropriate key project documentation is prepared throughout the project lifecycle (charter, design input/output form, financial templates, etc.)
- Applies appropriate IT processes and methods (e.g. SDLC) and application, technical, development, and architecture policies and standards in the completion of project work
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Business or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of IT Project/Program Management experience spanning multiple functional areas (supply chain, sales, marketing, IT, etc.)
- Solid track record executing at a high level as an individual contributor and then holding positions of increasing responsibility in leading and managing
- Project Management – demonstrated experience organizing, planning, and managing high-priority projects from concept through implementation
- Strategic Planning – ability to think strategically and plan effectively including experience in developing implementation strategies and plans
- Stakeholder Communication – superior verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build presentations to communicate complex topics in straightforward terms.
- Strong presence, poise, and persuasiveness to quickly establish a high level of credibility at all levels