firstPRO is seeking a qualified Sr. Desktop Support Technician, for our client, a large content and entertainment company located out of Pennsylvania. They are seeking someone with experience in support and maintenance of computer systems, desktop, laptops, mobile devices and peripherals.
Sr. Desktop Support Technician
- Compensation: $30 – $33/hour with benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Type: Contract to Hire
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Troubleshoot requests escalated by level one support technicians Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations, mobile devices and related hardware and software to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure, Networking, and other IT functions to troubleshoot network connectivity, infrastructure, or windows administration issues.
- Perform operational tasks and investigation within a host of back-end systems and business critical applications such as tanium, google administration portal, crowdstrike, beyond trust and zoom
- Responsible for all onboarding and offboarding, including creatingremoving accounts in active directory and building all new hire workstations
- Accurately log incidents in our IT ticketing system following ITIL best practices of categorization, prioritization, and escalation
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all IT related equipment
- Document known issues to be added to our knowledge base, If necessary, liaise with third-party vendors to resolve complex issues for example Dell warranty requests.
- Work with the SecOps team to identify and remediate threats to the desktop environment using crowdstrike security platform (i.e. virus, spyware, malware, etc.).
- Works on special projects and other duties as required helping to promote department’s success.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or related fields or equivalent knowledge and/or 4 – 6 years’ work experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office applications, Google workplace, Google productivity suite, iOS, Android, MFA, AD, Zoom, Slack MAC OS experience is a plus
- Experience in working in an ITIL structured environment and understanding of general ITIL best practices
- Solid understanding of Wired and Wireless Networking concepts, general troubleshooting steps, and network tools (Ping, Traceroute, etc.)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals