Hybrid Help Desk Analyst
firstPRO is seeking a qualified Help Desk Analyst for our client, a large insurance organization based out of Pennsylvania. They are seeking someone adept in password resets/account unlocks, Microsoft Office 2016 troubleshooting, and connectivity/performance issues.
Help Desk Analyst
- Compensation: $23 – $25/hour with benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Type: Contract to Hire
- Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
- Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM as Contractor, 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM as FTE
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone, via e-mail or in person
- Provide first level technical support and assistance and assign complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution
- Utilize available monitoring tools to identify problem
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues when possible and redirect issues to the correct resources when necessary
- Determines the most effective manner to resolve user's technical issue.
- Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues.
- Records required user and problem information in the HEAT Call Ticket System.
- Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities and closes tickets with resolution.
- Follow standard Help Desk procedures
- Ensure resolutions are properly documented in HEAT First Level Support database
- Research questions using information resources
- Follow up with users to ensure issues has been resolved Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Administer user account creation/changes/terminations
- Provides off-hours technical support, based on an on-call team rotation schedule
- Provides On Call After Hours support(rotation)
- Escalate Verizon MPLS issues when necessary
- Assist Help Desk Coordinator with issues that the Helpdesk Coordinator is unable to resolve
- Associate degree in IT or related field with A+ or related certifications
- Five years equivalent work experience in depth knowledge and experience supporting PC hardware for desktops and laptops, Active Directory, Network troubleshooting, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating systems
- Microsoft Office 2016 Knowledge and experience with Lotus Notes, Ivanti HEAT, Hitachi Password Manager, TeamViewer, IntelliAdmin
- Android and IOS Smart phones are a plus
- Knowledge and experience with 10 Zig, VMWare Horizon client, VPN and Remote Access Ability to perform diagnostics, identify problems and provide resolutions in a timely manner
- Understanding of Network Topology and how different nodes in a network are connected to each other and how they communicate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to clearly communicate technical guidance and instructions to users via telephone and email.
- Ability to multi-task and work under stressful situations
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and procedure manuals