Help Desk Engineerq
firstPRO is looking for a Help Desk Engineer for our client, who is a growing company in the medical device industry, for a contract-to-hire opportunity in their downtown Philadelphia office. The ideal candidate will need to be able to travel to offices in Philadelphia, PA as well as Paoli, PA on occasion. Compensation up to $33/ hour, based on experience.
- Tier 1 Help Desk, which includes escalated desktop issues and local infrastructure issues
- Management of our customer’s Azure AD environment and its federated SSO with Salesforce and Five9
- Support of security audit remediation
- Assisting in the troubleshooting of issues that arise on all servers. Has the ability to inspect server logs, etc.
- Researching, analyzing, and diagnosing system problems and making recommendations as to their solution
- Receiving incoming Help Desk support requests from 300+ internal customers
- Ensuring that documentation changes are performed accurately, and timely. Communicating changes to other team members, as deemed necessary
- Managing special projects and assignments as requested by management
- Supporting a 100+ seat call center
- Administrating the onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Experience as a Microsoft Engineer
- Ability to work with vendor partners to address and/or support any network related requests
- Technical background in the following Concepts/Technologies: Windows 10, Window Server 2019, Windows Server 2012, Azure Active Directory, GPOs, and Linux Servers
- Familiar with Google and Microsoft products
- Familiar with Virtual Machine (VM) concepts and implementation in VMware and Azure
- Technical knowledge of TCP/IP and network services such as DHCP and DNS.
- Knowledge of LAN switching, Cisco and Dell switches. Configuration, implementation, troubleshooting of network switching issues.
- Knowledge of VLAN, VoIP, VPN, MPLS networking protocols.
- Knowledge of wireless networking.
- Understanding of content filters, load balancers, spam filters, and anti-viruses.
- Familiar with Azure Active Directory
- Familiar with Azure as an identity provider
- Ability to perform quality assurance activities to ensure standardization of best practices
- Monitor systems performance and implement performance tuning
- Available to respond to needs of internal customers for installation, maintenance, and equipment malfunction
- Knowledge of PCI compliance