Help Desk Support Analyst
firstPRO is looking for a contract to hire an onsite Desktop Support Technician for our client who is in Center City Philadelphia. The Desktop Support Technician is going to be supporting users in research labs and academic admin by preforming installation, repairs, upgrades and maintenance on hardware, software, peripherals, and computer-aided scientific research equipment.
· Delivers on-site desktop and other technical support to users in research labs and academic administration
· Performs basic installations, repairs, upgrades, and maintenance on hardware, software, computer peripherals and computer-aided scientific research equipment.
· Resolves technical problems, answers customer questions, and resolves issues. Done independently and without referral.
· Directs users in the operation and appropriate usage of systems/equipment
· Provides recommendations and technical specifications for departmental purchasing
· Performs ongoing analysis of local computing environment and makes recommendations for technology or process improvements
· Assists in the analysis of technical products, systems and/or software. May take lead role in technology evaluation projects or technology implementation projects.
· Performs testing for product evaluation and deployment projects.
· Performs or updates inventory as appropriate.
· Updates tickets and assignments according to established procedures.
- 2-4 years of Helpdesk experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or Certificate from a Technical School/Institute
- Experience in both Windows and Macintosh environments
- Knowledge of academic and/or research operations and the use of information system applications in an academic environment preferred but not required
- Must be fully vaccinated