Project Manager – Workday
firstPRO is looking for an IT Project Manager where in which Workday will have a key role, working with the Workday Program Manager as well as our internal IT teams and IT Vendors. The ideal candidate will have a deep technical understanding of of Workday Modules and IT systems in order to ensure the stability and day one readiness of the platform.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversees projects with the goal of on time completion and regular reporting of project status
- Identifies project options, develops business cases, and secures required approvals.
- Identifies and manages critical paths, being mindful of upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Ensures coordination with other key initiatives, and addresses and resolves project conflicts.
- Defines deliverables, success metrics and key milestone schedules.
- Manages project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and tracks actuals.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, risk registers, and work breakdowns.
- Facilitates executive level reviews of the project status and health.
- Ensures issues and risks are managed, mitigated and communicated to the senior leadership.
- Analyzes areas of risk and addresses or escalates accordingly.
- Ensures project milestones are accomplished and overall committed timelines are met.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
- Works with IT team and HR resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies, and tools to support the implementation of local projects.
- May have to work off-hours if there are critical problems requiring IT intervention. May be weekend work if projects or assignments necessitate activity when workers are out of the office.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Minimum Education required – BS or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum experience required – Five years of experience with Workday implementations in a technical lead or PM Role
- Minimum Project Management experience required: 5 years
- PMP Preferred
- Ability to lead and work in remote teams across time zones and geographies
- Technical competency in IT/Systems, combined with business acumen to understand and translate between business and technical requirements.
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills are required. Must have solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.