IT Project Manager (Workday)
firstPRO is seeking a qualified IT Project Manager (Workday) for our client, a large distributor based out of New Jersey. They are seeking someone that will set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor, and summarize progress of projects, and report the status of projects to management.
IT Project Manager
- Compensation: $90 – $95/hour with benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Type: Contract
- Location: 100% Remote
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Oversees projects with the goal of on time completion and regular reporting of project status
- Identifies project options, develops business cases, and secures required approvals.
- Identifies and manages critical paths, being mindful of upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Ensures coordination with other key initiatives, and addresses and resolves project conflicts.
- Defines deliverables, success metrics and key milestone schedules.
- Manages project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and tracks actuals.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, risk registers, and work breakdowns.
- Facilitates executive level reviews of the project status and health.
- Ensures issues and risks are managed, mitigated, and communicated to the senior leadership.
- Analyzes areas of risk and addresses or escalates accordingly.
- Ensures project milestones are accomplished and overall committed timelines are met.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
- Works with IT team and HR resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies, and tools to support the implementation of local projects.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in project status meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- May have to work off-hours if there are critical problems requiring IT intervention.
- May be weekend work if projects or assignments necessitate activity when workers are out of the office.
- Complies with Company’s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Minimum Education required – BS or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum experience required – Five years of experience with Workday implementations in a technical lead or PM Role
- Minimum Project Management experience required: 5 years
- PMP Preferred
- Ability to lead and work in remote teams across time zones and geographies
- Technical competency in IT/Systems, combined with business acumen to understand and translate between business and technical requirements.