Solutions Engineer II
firstPRO is looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer for our client, who has a strong foothold in the computer industry. The ideal candidate will live within a commutable distance to our clients’ home offices in Fort Washington area and be willing to travel to sites within a 90–120-minute radius of the home office on occasion. The position will be remote 75-90% of the time. This employee will deliver engagements to implement their private and hybrid cloud data center environments utilizing servers, storage, virtualization, orchestration/ automation, high-availability, backup, and disaster recovery systems. This is a 3–6-month contract position.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and support servers, storage, virtualization, orchestration/automation, high-availability, backup, and disaster recovery technologies
- Implement, troubleshoot, and support iSCSI, fibre channel, and FCoE fabrics
- Perform data migration and migration planning services
- Provide data center performance and capacity analysis
- Perform storage replication, backup, and DR tests and POCs using native and 3rd party tools.
- Deliver customer training and knowledge transfer
- Create Service Standards in design, documentation, configuration, and implementation
- Communicate regularly with the Service Delivery Manager on client satisfaction and review client initiatives
- Provide accurate and on-time updates to team members, project managers, and management team
- Continue to stay current in all aspects of the solutions within your area of expertise
- Maintain required vendor certifications and continue to grow technical skill set
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience with Dell Backup and Recovery Technologies (such as Avamar, Data Domain)
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience implementing and managing Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) (such as CISCO, Dell, Nutanix)
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience with Dell SAN/NAS (such as Unity, VNX, VMAX)
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience with Fibre Switching
- Advanced experience with CISCO UCS
- Experience in deployment and troubleshooting datacenter technology-related issues through data collection and analysis
- Experience in the deployment and troubleshooting of Windows and Linux environments
- Experience deploying cloud solutions such as AWS and Azure is a plus.