Sr. Hardware Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our client in Newtown, PA. This position involves all aspects of electronic hardware circuit design for our Networking Products group. You will work on a wide variety of digital system, FPGA and interface designs. You will get involved in both printed circuit board and FPGA design, power supply design, development of the test plans for design verification test, product documentation and delivery support. You will develop high quality ruggedized embedded systems and a wide variety of high-speed interface designs that meet stringent commercial and military product requirements. You will be working at the cutting edge of technology within a global organization, known for its history, quality, and success.
- Work with internal and external customers to develop product requirements
- Engage in both board-level and FPGA centric design activities
- Develop Power Supply solutions that meet both commercial and military compliance standards.
- Develop product architecture and select components to meet customer requirements.
- Generate concise documentation, including product specifications, architecture overviews, schematics, and parts lists.
- Test or coordinate the test of products for compliance with product requirements
- Work with production & test personnel to transition designs to manufacturing
- Assist in the generation of customer facing documentation
- Provide engineering support for fielded products
- BS in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering (from an accredited college or university) required
- Over 7 years of electronic hardware design experience required
- Knowledge of high-speed digital design techniques
- Proficient using schematic capture tools for PCB design.
- Proficient at using Xilinx and/or Intel/Altera FPGA development tools required
- Proficient using VHDL and/or Verilog for FPGA development.
- Experience using signal integrity simulation tools
- Proficient at EMI/EMC design and mitigation techniques
- Ability to work individually or collaboratively as part of a larger design team.
- Excellent communication, planning and leadership skills