firstPRO is seeking a qualified Security Engineer for our client, a financial institution based out of Delaware. They are seeking someone that will ensure the secure operation of the in-house and cloud-based computer systems, servers, and network connections.
- Compensation $75 – $78/hour with benefits (Health, Dental, Vision), Weekly Pay
- Type: Contract to Hire
- 100% Remote
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures, and associated plans for system security administration and user system access based on industry-standard best practices.
- Design and implement disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, and software applications.
- Assess need for any security reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required. Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases.
- Manage and maintain all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software.
- Design, perform, and/or oversee penetration testing of all systems to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Design, implement, and report on security system and end user activity audits.
- Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
- Recommend, schedule (where appropriate), and apply fixes, security patches, disaster recovery procedures, and any other measures required in the event of a security breach.
- Download and test new security software and/or technologies.
- Perform system backups.
- Provide on-call security support to end-users.
- Broad hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Microsoft Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards,
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols.
- Hands-on experience with devices such as hubs, switches, and routers.
- Knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection.
- Certifications in any of the following: CompTIA Security+, GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials,