firstPRO is looking for a Telecommunications Support Technician for an on-site, 3+ month contracting position that will require travel to some regional work sites located in Philadelphia, PA. This employee will be responsible for overseeing telecommunications and the configuration of the Nortel and Cisco phones for upcoming moves and openings. Compensation for this role is up to $40/ hour, based on experience.
- Performs advanced IS End User Device (EUD) support functions, acting as a subject matter expert in at least 2 key EUD functions with minimal supervision.
- Uses available support tools and technologies provides advanced problem resolution and proactive problem direction.
- Serves as the onsite desktop subject matter expert for the IS Department and acts as a liaison where needed between the client community and the rest of the IS Department.
- Initiates problem bridge lines and functions as the problem coordinator during scheduled and unplanned downtime events both during and after hours.
- Serves as the EUD Subject Matter Expert during project Planning and go-live events to prepare for operational transitions.
- Leads in the development, testing and implementation of EUD standards, processes, and systems required to deliver consistent high quality customer service.
- Key criteria are SLAs responsiveness, problem avoidance and management, cost effectiveness and standardization.
- Manages the demands of multiple constituencies, defines priorities, and sets appropriate expectations as well as strong organizational qualities in all aspects of work, including coaching and guiding Level I and II staff.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience providing EUD support, Service Desk support or equivalent experience/knowledge
- Should be well-versed in the following areas: Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Nortel Option 11 / CS1000, Nortel SL100 / CS2100, PBX support, and Wiring standards (punch downs).
- Ability to utilize systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine proper hardware, software, or system functional specifications
- Must have working knowledge of many various pieces of equipment and software including printers, terminals, PCs, networking, and telecommunication hardware, etc. Working knowledge and understanding of issues inherent to Microsoft software including, but not limited to security, deployment, imaging, auditing, licensing, and compliance; deployment and upgrading; features and functionality.
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Must have the ability to work in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to workday shift, nights and/or weekends when needed.
- Medical terminology helpful and previous medical EUD or Service Desk level 2 support background preferred.
- Ability to manage the demands of multiple constituencies, define priorities, set appropriate expectations as well as strong organizational qualities in all aspects of work including coaching and guiding Tier 1 EUD technicians, Service Desk Analysts, and contractors.
- Must be familiar with standards and trends in the industry in relation to EUD technologies and related IT practices, policies, and processes.