Chief Information Officer – Shared Services
M3 is the global leader in digital solutions in healthcare. We work with a range of sectors including healthcare, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and charities; services provided to these sectors include market research, medical education programs, promotional programs, clinical development, job recruitment and clinic appointment services. M3 has grown by more than 20% year-on-year for the past 15 years, achieving over 1 billion dollars in revenue annually.
Founded in 2000, with start-up investment capital from Sony, M3’s mission is to make use of the internet to increase, as much as possible, the number of people who can live longer and healthier lives, and to reduce, as much as possible, the amount of unnecessary medical costs. Key achievements of M3 Inc. include:
- Named in Fortune’s 2020 ‘Future 50’ list, ahead of Facebook and Amazon
- Ranked in Forbes’ 2020 Global 2000 list of the world’s largest public companies
- M3 is the only company incorporated after the year 2000 to be included in the Nikkei 225 Index
- Listed in Forbes’ ‘Asia’s 200 Best Over a Billion’ in 2019
- In 2020 M3 founded the ‘M3: Stop COVID-19 Fund’ and pledged one billion yen to support COVID-19 related initiatives
M3’s legacy lies in the power of trusted physician platforms. Around the world, M3 organizations leverage these highly engaged digital communities to deliver medical education, job placement, and market research, to improve global patient outcomes.
Due to our continued growth, we are hiring for a CIO on our Shared Service team.
Chief Information Officer (CIO)’s mission is to bring digital transformation to M3 USA’s 9 Business Units. The CIO is the strategic advisor to BU CEOs for their business process improvements with technology solutions. The CIO will understand CEOs’ vision of how a certain operation should be improved, and it is his/her responsibility to identify and implement the solutions that deliver the desired outcomes. The CIO understands the KPIs for each BU and s/he will deliver measurable improvements to these KPIs. As an executive partner to the CEOs, the CIO understands the delivery timelines and offer creative solutions to meet these tight timelines by utilizing both internal and external resources.
The other mission of the CIO is to strengthen the corporate IT group, which is serving all 9 BUs for the management of their desktop support, IT infrastructure, IP phone systems, office equipment, information security and compliance, and IT procurements.
M3 does not have a vision to centralize the software engineering function and therefore, each BU manages its software development processes and this is out of scope for the CIO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate closely with the CEOs of the 9 Business Units to understand the business needs, identify key business functions that need to be digitally transformed, identify the appropriate solutions, manage the implementations, and ensure the internal customer satisfaction post implementations.
- Oversee the process of introductions of new technologies and software solutions to each Business Unit.
- Manage the corporate IT functions that includes desktop support, IT procurements, office equipment management, and IT infrastructure management.
- Create and implement strategic plans for information systems, including evaluating current organizational goals, identifying key issues and problems, analyzing system failures, and initiating corrective action while evaluating trends and anticipating requirements for both corporate and subsidiary technology needs.
- Identify technology requirements, projects and service level objectives and interpret business requirements. Accurately reflect these requirements in the plan while ensuring that information technology resources and services are aligned with the mission and strategic priorities of the company and BU’s.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness through process automation/reengineering and the leveraging of cross-divisional strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Recommend and promote new technologies and best practices to enable M3 and BU’s to better support customers. Participate in design discussions for new features, applications and/or enhancements and assist in determining future product roadmap for product development.
- Provide oversight of the design, selection, implementation and maintenance of IT infrastructure across all BUs. Promote the consolidation and integration of new and legacy technologies into an enterprise-wide platform designed to ensure system security and cost efficiency.
- Oversee the establishment of sound data management practices and revenue generating capabilities, by providing for efficient collection, processing and reporting of data for synergistic decision-making between M3 BU’s.
- Perform team management functions (e.g. hiring, counseling, training, supervising, evaluating) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff and ensuring necessary outcomes are achieved.
- Forecast financial requirements for technology expenditures, administer the department’s expense allocations and prepare annual technology budget.
- Act as security and compliance advisor through educating the BU CEOs on data security planning and the impact of data privacy laws. This includes data retention policies.
- Assist the business units in selecting and negotiating new software contracts for enterprise use. Manage strategic vendor and technology partner relationships and guide the BU CEO's to maximize their use of technology in the most profitable manner.
- Lead each of the Business Unit leaders to create and maintain business continuity plans for all mission-critical systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent of work-related experience. MBA, MS a Plus
- 10 + Years of increasingly responsible management information systems experience, including responsibility for developing procedures and applications, major system upgrades and new software implementations and performing systems analysis and programming work and supervising operations and technical personnel
- Work experiences at IT consulting firms, system integration services, a plus.
A career opportunity with M3USA offers competitive wages, and benefits such as:
- Health and Dental
- Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Plan and Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Days and Personal Day