Onsite Telecommunications Technician
firstPRO is seeking a qualified Onsite Telecommunications Technician for our client, a health organization located in Pennsylvania. They are seeking someone that will be able to oversee telecommunications and the configuration of the Nortel and Cisco phones for upcoming moves and openings.
- Compensation: $40/hour with benefits (Health, Dental, Vision), Weekly Pay
- Type: Contract
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Performs advanced IS End User Device (EUD) support functions, acting as a subject matter expert in at least 2 key EUD functions with minimal supervision.
- Using available support tools and technologies provides advanced problem resolution and proactive problem direction.
- Serves as the onsite desktop subject matter expert for the IS Department and acts as a liaison where needed between the client community and the rest of the IS Department.
- Initiates problem bridge lines and functions as the problem coordinator during scheduled and unplanned downtime events both during and after hours.
- Serves as the EUD Subject Matter Expert during project Planning and go-live events to prepare for operational transitions.
- Leads in the development, testing and implementation of EUD standards, processes, and systems required to deliver consistent high quality customer service.
- Key criteria are SLAs responsiveness, problem avoidance and management, cost effectiveness and standardization.
- Manages the demands of multiple constituencies, defines priorities, and sets appropriate expectations as well as strong organizational qualities in all aspects of work, including coaching and guiding Level I and II staff.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience providing EUD support, Service Desk support or equivalent experience/knowledge
- Candidates should be well-versed in the following areas: Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Nortel Option 11 / CS1000, Nortel SL100 / CS2100, PBX support, and Wiring standards (punch downs).
- Able to perform effectively with little direct supervision
- Customer service-oriented team player with excellent communication, documentation, organizational, problem solving, written and verbal skills.
- Must have the ability to develop, test and document technical steps and procedures.
- Ability to utilize systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine proper hardware, software, or system functional specifications
- Ability to understand, analyze and resolve problems, while on the phone or on-site with the user
- Must have working knowledge of many various pieces of equipment and software including printers, terminals, PCs, networking, and telecommunication hardware, etc.
- Working knowledge and understanding of issues inherent to Microsoft software including, but not limited to security, deployment, imaging, auditing, licensing, and compliance; deployment and upgrading; features and functionality.
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems by investigating, developing, and implementing potential solutions using troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Must have the ability to work in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to workday shift, nights and/or weekends when needed.
- Medical terminology helpful and previous medical EUD or Service Desk level 2 support background preferred.