Sr. Network Engineer
firstPRO is seeking a qualified Senior Network Engineer for our client, a large manufacturer based out of New Jersey. They are seeking someone with experience in day-to-day operational support of the wired network, wireless network, and firewall environments.
- Compensation: $68 – $70/hour with benefits (Health, Dental, Vision), Weekly Pay
- Type: Contract
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Assists with the day-to-day operational support of the wired network, wireless network, and firewall environments.
- Resolve tickets and provide diagnosis of issues.
- Performs routine updates and maintenance tasks for time-critical security vulnerability and bug fixes.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to develop and recommend solutions for problems.
- Provides interim solution implementation until the root cause can be determined and mitigated.
- Assists with projects such as hardware refreshments of existing facilities and network designs (both wired and wireless) for new facilities.
- Create and maintain documentation for new environments as well as changes to existing environments.
- Must have good communication skills, good documentation skills, and be able to work well with others.
- The position requires occasional lifting and moving of equipment up to 50lbs and the candidate needs to be able to climb ladders.
- Cisco Preferred Routers
- Cisco Preferred Firewalls
- Cisco Required and Fortinet a plus Wireless
- Cisco Preferred Load Balancers
- F5 a plus
- Cloud – Azure, AWS, or OCI (Oracle) a plus
- Protocols – BGP, OSPF
- Vendor management experience