Field Service Technician
firstPRO is seeking a Field Service Technician who will be responsible for working directly with local, regional, and corporate resources to align with processes and strategies. This role will require up to 90% travel nationally to operating companies, in which the employee will be fully compensated for. Compensation is up to $45/ hour, based on experience.
- Develop and maintain an advanced understanding of our customer’s use of technology
- Possess experience with PC deployments. Networking and hardware support experience is a must
- Apply expert technical skills and knowledge in the support troubleshooting computer systems, hardware, and software across our customer
- Work with IT associates and business partners to identify opportunities and adjust IT services accordingly
- Assist with implementation of new ERP through expertise in various technical areas
- Perform PC and Peripheral refresh at remote locations
- Assist in the coordination and execution IP and Domain conversions
- Maintain advanced working technology knowledge
- Assist IT management and senior IT technical staff in developing departmental service guidelines and operating procedures
- Maintain consistent and professional customer service and communication with end users and IT associates.
- Provide timely status as needed to end users and fellow IT associates when working to resolve an incident
- Must be a with the knowledge and experience to “get things done”
- Participate in special projects or stretch assignments as required; execute projects to improve systems and operations
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, and leadership to analysts and IT associates
- Work with vendors to develop quotes, gain approvals, and facilitate ordering of equipment, software, solutions, and consulting services given documented needs, policies, and best practices.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and remediate issues
- Develop work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Required education – Degree in IT Management, Computer Science, other related field, or equivalent experience
- Required experience – Min. 3 years of desktop implementation support
- WIN OS | PC Rollouts | Printers | Basic Networking (Routers, Switches, Wiring) |
- Roles will require up to 90% travel, where feasible
- Works independently with little day to day supervision
- Ability to support simultaneous efforts, in a multifaceted, fast-paced, nationwide organization experiencing rapid growth
- Ability to work across time zones and geographies
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, including written and oral communications
- Occasional weekend work if projects or assignments necessitate activity when workers are out of the office
- May have to work off-hours if there are critical problems requiring IT intervention
- Physical demands include standing, walking, or sitting for extended periods of time and bending, stooping, and maneuvering to locations of wires, computers, or network equipment and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds and frequent lifting of up to 10 pounds