IT Support Specialist
firstPRO is looking for an IT Support Specialist who will be responsible to respond to issues in workstation, laptop, network access, and telephone areas. This is a full-time, 100% on-site position, with home offices located in Vineland, NJ. Compensation is up to $65,000/ year, based on experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to calls and emails as required to support the operation.
- General IT Support duties and training of end users (resolve desktop installation/corruption/malfunction issues, e.g., as required)
- Support multiple sites remotely with application, hardware, Office 365 and SAP connectivity issues and folder security issues.
- Perform software and application installation, and upgrades.
- Create users and assign permissions in Active Directory and Office 365
- Assist in computer networking and server operation functions.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of system security including, but not limited to McAfee Antivirus.
- Perform server and network monitoring.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the Systems/Network Administrator and/or Manager of Infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for daily operations and disaster recovery
- Assist the rest of the infrastructure team on large/team projects.
- Work with Group IT to deploy company driven strategy and initiatives throughout the organization.
- Seeks prioritization from the Manager of Infrastructure for prioritization of their own workload if needed.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems technologies, architectures, and products.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations and performs job in a safe manner.
- Up to 25%+/- travel required throughout company Divisions.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Knowledge of available computing and/or network hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Ability to provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users.
- Ability to comply with change control management procedures.
- Ability to fully document all systems using a variety of tools, including Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users and other technical staff members.
- Ability to clearly log/track all working time.
- 2-5 years professional experience in a service desk, help desk, or computer technician role.
- A.S. degree in Information Technology or related field required
- Microsoft Certified Professional in Operating Systems and/or Active Directory required
- Either A+ or Network+ required. Manufacturing environment preferred.