Hybrid Network Operations Specialist
firstPRO is seeking a qualified Hybrid Network Operations Specialist for our client, a large convenience chain located out of Pennsylvania. They are seeking someone that will be able to perform daily network operations tasks and optimize network services.
Hybrid Network Operations Specialist
- Compensation: Up to $73/hour with benefits (Health, Dental, Vision), Weekly Pay
- Hybrid (3 days onsite)
- Type: Contract
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Act as a subject matter expert in network operations. Responsible for daily network operational support. Manage incident and request ticket queue and write support procedures for tier 1 teams to increase 1st contact resolutions.
- Support the Network Operations Team Lead by providing reports on incident trends and identifying potential problems requiring tier 3 escalation.
- Represent the Network team in cross-functional support operations.
- Create and maintain baseline performance of new network solutions.
- Operate and maintain enterprise network monitoring and support tools.
- Support network equipment at Store, corporate, and branch locations.
- Act as a tier 2 escalation point for issues that can’t be resolved by NOC technicians and desktop support technicians. Provide oversight and ensure proper escalation of all network incidents.
- Assist in the development and adherence to policies and procedures associated with network security, support, training, and installation.
- Ensure all network infrastructure is added to monitoring tools.
- Create reports to capture network performance trends.
- Maintain relationships and interface with tier 1 teams and vendor escalation reps to increase resolution times.
- Prevent temporary or undocumented configuration changes. Create audit reports that identify and remediate non-standard configurations.
- Fulfill service requests for various network services including DNS, DHCP, Firewall, WAF, load balancer.
- Research, evaluate and stay current on network technologies. Maintain skills and capabilities through education, training, and hands-on experience.
- Follow procedures for all changes, particularly firewall rule changes and configuration changes to equipment that is in scope for PCI-DSS audit.
- Help in improving network operational & support activities to meet established service level agreements.
- Assist in evaluating network solutions and make recommendations based on business or operational requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Information Technology preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of related work experience in the field of networking.
- Minimum of two years administering an enterprise network infrastructure with multiple branch locations in diverse geographical regions.
- Skilled in LAN/WAN monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Recent experience in a network operations role.
- CCNA certification preferred.
- Familiar with wireless networking. Experience with Cisco Meraki preferred.
- Worked with ITSM ticketing tools. ServiceNow preferred.
- Proficiency with layer 2 switching technologies including spanning tree, port security, private vlans, trunking. Cisco preferred
- Experience troubleshooting BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP routing protocols.
- Experience with firewall support and management. Palo Alto preferred.
- Experience with DDI solutions. Infoblox preferred
- Experience with network monitoring tools, configuration automation, and performance reporting. Solarwinds preferred
- Knowledge of standard support frameworks. (e.g., ITIL, COBIT, CMMI)
- Understanding of network security principles, compliancy regulations, and maintenance of network security posture. Experience with PCI-DSS compliancy preferred.
- Experience supporting WAN circuits, routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers, wireless and VPN technologies.
- Familiar with SD-WAN technologies. Viptela preferred
- Familiar with web proxy & content filter technologies
- Experience maintaining, enhancing, and customizing network monitoring tools.
- Expertise creating custom network performance reports and custom monitors and alarms in network monitoring tools.