Onsite Sr. IT Specialist
firstPRO is seeking a qualified Sr. IT Specialist for our client, a large health organization located out of Pennsylvania. They are seeking someone who is experienced in troubleshooting Windows and MAC OS.
Sr. IT Specialist
- Compensation: Up to $40/hour with benefits (Health, Dental, Vision), Weekly Pay
- 100% Onsite
- Type: Contract to Hire
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Endpoint Deployment & Management: The Senior IT Services Specialist will deploy Windows and Macintosh desktops and laptops in accordance with IS standards. The Senior IT Services Specialist will provide support for hardware and operating system issues for supported devices, ensure devices are appropriately patched and that core enterprise management software is installed, and troubleshoot issues as identified by end users. The Senior IT Services Specialist will also assist with configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting mobile apps, including assisting with enrolling in enterprise Mobile Device Management solutions.
- Networking: The Senior IT Services Specialist will assist users with establishing and maintaining network connectivity to supported endpoints and mobile devices. The Senior IT Services Specialist must adhere to standards with regards to connecting devices to wireless and wired networks, and to assist users with identifying the appropriate network(s) for each device. The Senior IT Services Specialist may interface with networking teams to configure devices, including acquiring and configuring IP addresses and security settings to ensure device connectivity.
- Software & Collaboration Services: The Senior IT Services Specialist will assist in the installation, configuration and triaging software and collaboration tools, including but not limited to productivity software such as Microsoft Office 365, videoconferencing tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Blue Jeans, cloud storage services such as Microsoft OneDrive, and custom scientific, clinical and education software as needed.
- Digital Equipment & Vendor Relationships: The Senior IT Services Specialist will initiate the scientific equipment onboarding process and partner with end users and vendors to complete the onboarding process. Activities include but are not limited to documenting vendor requirements and technical architectures, assessing network and other infrastructure requirements, and engaging other IS teams and leadership as necessary to ensure the solution functions as intended. The Senior IT Services Specialist will engage with the end users and vendor as necessary to conduct necessary maintenance
- Information Security & Compliance: The Senior IT Services Specialist ensures the safety, confidentiality & security of all research, student, and employee data. The Senior IT Services Specialist will adhere to regarding the protection of sensitive data, and alerts supervisors to issues when identified. The Senior IT Services Specialist will advise end users on policies, standards, and best practices, depending on the type of data. The Senior IT Services Specialist partners closely with Information Security
- Projects & Special Initiatives: At the direction of department management, the Senior IT Services Specialist will serve as a lead the support for projects. Such projects may include but are not limited to the enterprise deployment of new or upgraded capabilities, the onboarding and set up of new departments and research laboratories, or the relocation of existing facilities to new locations. Support responsibilities may include the break down and setup of computer equipment, configuring devices for wired and wireless network connectivity, communicating, training, and installing new and upgraded software, and other project specific needs as identified.
- Experience in Networking
- Extensive experience troubleshooting both MAC and Windows OS
- Experience with MS 365, videoconferencing tools such as MS Teams, Zoom, and Blue Jeans
- Experience with cloud storage services such as MS OneDrive
- Compliance requirements such as FERPA and HIPAA
- Desktop/Help Desk experience
- Experience in configuring IP addresses and security settings
- At least 5 years’ experience