IT Support Technician
firstPRO is looking for an IT Support Technician for our client, a material-handling company located in Douglasville, PA. This employee will provide technical assistance to computer users on various hardware and software issues, and other related IT tasks. This is a hybrid position, so candidates will need to live within a commutable distance to be considered. Compensation for this role is up to $20/ hour, based on experience.
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical personnel to solve computer related problems; provide explanations in easy-to-understand, step-by-step manner
- Strong interpersonal skills; patient manner in dealing with non-computer-literate co-workers
- Provide I/T team support by investigating and resolving computer software and hardware problems, and other system problems of end users.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Install and configure workstations based on company needs and requirements.
- Document, track, and monitor all support requests to ensure a timely resolution.
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested in I/T area of responsibility.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Knowledge of PC’s laptops, mouse, modems, fax and other electronic devices
- Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic; good organizational skills
- Desire to learn and unafraid to ask questions
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong workstation and network troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of existing network programs and capabilities
- Ability to work a minimum of full-time hours; overtime based on office schedule
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, ability to adjust focus from computer screen to physical paperwork on the desk
- Ability to sit for extended periods to accomplish assigned work
- Ability to use hands to touch, handle and/or operate computer mouse, computer keyboard, stapler; reach with hands and arms
- Hand/eye coordination is necessary to use staplers, staple removers, tape dispensers, computer mouse, computer keyboard
- Ability to lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds