Application Support Specialist
firstPRO is seeking an Application Support Specialist role for our client, who has a strong foothold in the healthcare industry. This candidate will be providing 1st level phone support and should be prepared to be on the phone 75% of the time, so they need to have top-notch customer service skills. This role is primarily remote; however, the client would like to hire someone who does live within a commutable distance to Pennsauken, NJ. Compensation for this position is up to $25/hr., based on experience. This is a six-month contract role.
- Participate in special projects: prepare reports and presentations using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Respond to technical support calls for all offices and field employees including full time and part time staff. Troubleshooting of issues to resolution.
- Provide technical support to all the practices including but not limited to Homecare Homebase, BEARS, Portal, and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Follow up with end-users for special, customer-service situations.
- Ability to document and escalate complex problems to the Operations (OPS), Application Development (AD) departments (3rd level support issues) and third party vendors such as Homecare Homebase.
- Analyze and communicate potential problems, errors & issues to management.
- Manage the Information Technologies call tracking database by documenting a detailed description of all communications with users, all follow-up and documented resolutions.
- Demonstrate solid performance or exceed performance standards in key job dimensions/attributes as defined on the Performance Appraisal for Office Staff.
- Four-year college degree in Information Systems or a related discipline.
- One to three years’ experience working in a help desk environment providing applications support.
- Technical expertise supporting and troubleshooting application issues in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Comprehensive software in a client server environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, and Office applications.
- Strong problem solving and teamwork skills.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills.