Sr Network Engineer
TECH SKILLS NEEDED:
- Sr Level Cisco Engineer
- Heavy breakfix troubleshooting and project work experience (Work on projects like hw refreshes, site moves, site buildouts, help with design and staging, and deployment of hw at these facilities)
- Wireless, switches, router, firewalls
- F5 load balancers – Please make sure you ask if they have this experience.
- Fortinet firewalls that a manage service manages but having this knowledge would be plus
- Doesn’t need a lot of cloud, but they do have a presence in Azure and Oracle OCI.
- Vendor management is helpful
- Team player for collaboration
Summary of Position:
- Assists with the day-to-day operational support of the wired network, wireless network, and firewall environments.
- Resolves tickets and provide diagnosis of issues.
- Performs routine updates and maintenance tasks for time-critical security vulnerability and bug fixes.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to develop and recommend solutions for problems.
- Provides interim solution implementation until the root cause can be determined and mitigated.
- Assists with projects such as hardware refreshes of existing facilities and network designs (both wired and wireless) for new facilities.
- Create and maintain documentation for new environments as well as changes to existing environments.
- Must have good communication skills, good documentation skills, and be able to work well with others.
Switches – Cisco Preferred
Routers – Cisco Preferred
Firewalls – Cisco Required and Fortinet a plus
Wireless – Cisco Preferred
Load Balancers – F5 a plus
Cloud – Azure, AWS, or OCI (Oracle) a plus
Protocols – BGP, OSPF