Level 2 Desktop Technician
firstPRO is seeking a Level 2 Desktop Technician for our client, who has a strong foothold in the medical field. This is a contract-to-hire role that will require regular travel throughout the Greater Philadelphia area, so candidates must live within a commutable distance to be considered. Compensation for this role is up to $30/hr., based on experience.
- Respond to IT Help Desk requests using IT Department’s helpdesk platform.
- Diagnose and resolve problems associated with applications including e-mail, document management, Microsoft Office, and various applications.
- Diagnose and resolve end user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems, e-mail, Internet, dial-in, and local-area network access problems.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule that involves after hours and weekend support and availability requiring remote access and telephone coverage.
- Collaborate as part of a dynamic IT Support team, providing premiere customer service and support to all end users, internal and external.
- Communicate effectively and professionally to ensure good customer service through phone, email and in person.
- Commute to remote offices to provide onsite assistance and support tasks, as needed.
- Deliver, set up, and assist in the configuration of end user desktop, Laptop, Tablet, Software, and peripherals.
- Perform desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other IT staff members and end users.
- Perform all work in accordance with Firm policies and procedures, including IT protocols and security procedures.
- Protect and properly handle highly confidential data and communications.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to comprehend.
- Ability to take and provide directions.
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills.
- Monitor, read and promptly respond to written communications and service requests from end users during assigned coverage hours.
- Read and promptly respond to oral and written communications from Management and other IT team members.
- Trustworthiness and reliability to properly handle highly confidential data.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Evidence of flexibility and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to excel both independently and as a team member in a lively, collaborative environment.
- Supervisor experience is a plus but not required.
- Associate degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience required.
- A+ and Network+ CompTIA Certificate preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Domain Services (such as Print, DHCP, DNS) and network connectivity.
- Familiarity with IT Service Management concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge in hardware and networking.