Senior Data Engineer
firstPRO inc. is looking for a Senior Data Engineer for our client in Willingboro, NJ.
Full time direct hire position. Sorry, no sponsorship. US citizens and green card holders only.
Hybrid set up. $110,000 – $130,000.
- MS/PhD in computer science, statistics, or operations research or related technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience delivering data engineering solutions on a cloud platform
- Minimum 5 years experience implementing modern designs using at least one cloud based solution
- Minimum 5 years experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Minimum 5 years experience with at least one programming language, with a strong preference towards Python
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Advanced level proficiency with at least one ETL / data orchestration technology such as Azure Data Factory, SSIS,
- Experience in cloud-based data warehousing and data lake solutions such as Databricks, Snowflake, or Redshift
- Expertise with SQL, database design and data structures (star/snowflake schemas, de/normalized design)
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as git, TFS, CI/CD, Jira
- Fundamental understanding of big data, open source, and data streaming concepts
- Fundamental understanding of implementation of MLOps best practices
- Ability to think strategically and provide recommendations utilizing traditional and modern architectural components based on business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross functional teams. Ability to present extremely complex technical information in a business friendly manner
- A passion for staying up to date with the latest trends and advancements in the field