Sr. Network Technician
firstPRO is seeking a Sr. Network Technician for our client, located in Center City, Philadelphia. This is a 100% on-site, contract role, so candidates must live within a commutable distance to be considered. Compensation is up to $45/hr., based on experience.
- Provide hands-on maintenance and operational support for data, IP video, and IP phone distribution equipment.
- Interact daily with customers throughout the University providing exceptional professional service.
- Work in close collaboration with PennNet Operations Response Team (PORT) members as well as other technical teams Tier 2 Enterprise Command Center, Local Support Providers to address end-user and network escalations, and client activities.
- Respond to emergency outages.
- Maintaining own schedule for onsite customer appointments within service SLA for new service delivery.
- Tracking and updating escalation tickets.
- Updating and closing work orders in a timely manner to ensure that customer billing is not delayed.
- Adhering to University and ISC policies and end-user agreements.
- Attending training events as required.
- Experience with commercial-grade networking equipment.
- Experience with fiber and copper-based networks, testing and media certification.
- Complete understanding of switch, and routing concepts.
- Reading floor plans and maps, installing, and configuring networking equipment, testing methodologies, and Internet connectivity troubleshooting.
- Experience using IT ticketing software and providing direct hands-on support.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Certifications such as Net+, CCENT, CCNA, CWTS, JCNIA, JCNIS, ITIL Foundations
- Deliver on service commitments, meet established or agreed upon deadlines, and maintain supportive relationships with customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to explain and present technical issues and status to non-technical customers.
- Ability to clearly communicate and document technical issues/resolution to other technical teams.
- Responsible for owning assigned issues to its conclusion including problem resolution or escalation in a timely manner, status reporting and customer updates.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends if required due to campus activities or events.