firstPRO is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst for our client located in Hammonton, NJ. This is a hybrid position, so candidates must be local to be considered. Compensation is up to $35/hr., based on experience. This opportunity is contract-to-hire.
- Develop and maintain an advanced understanding of our customer’s use of technology.
- Apply expert technical skills and knowledge in cybersecurity and support troubleshooting computer systems, hardware, and software across our customer’s environment.
- Define and document issue root causes and recommend and implement remediation.
- Work with IT associates and business partners to identify opportunities and adjust IT services accordingly.
- Lead the development of standards and operating procedures for related IT services.
- Maintain consistent and professional customer service and communication with end users and IT associates.
- Provide timely status as needed to end users, and fellow IT associates when working to resolve an incident.
- Maintain advanced working technology knowledge in Cybersecurity or IT Compliance.
- Develop and maintain IT service area documentation – process and procedures.
- Must be a leader with the knowledge and experience to “get things done.
- Participate in special projects or stretch assignments as required; execute projects to improve systems and operations.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, and leadership to other analysts and IT associates.
- Work with vendors to develop quotes, gain approvals, and facilitate ordering of equipment, software, solutions, and consulting services given documented needs, policies, and best practices.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and remediate issues.
- Develop work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations.
- Responsible for developing related service goals and measures to ensure service levels are attained.
- Ensure current applications and services are updated and align with the implementation of new security systems.
- Create and implement risk mitigation processes and conduct reviews to determine weaknesses in applications, systems, and programs.
- Tasks may include developing troubleshooting programs and performing system and security modifications.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Required experience – 2 + years of Cybersecurity experience, including security management and operations.
- Required experience – Expertise with Microsoft’s Cybersecurity tools related to Azure, M365, etc., (E.g., Azure Security Center, SIEM Tools, anti-phishing, antivirus.
- Technical expertise – Associate level
- Preferred Education – Degree in Computer Science, other related field or equivalent experience
- Strongly preferred – Microsoft certification Ex
- Works independently with little day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to support multiple efforts in parallel in a highly matrix, fast-paced, multi-site organization experiencing rapid growth.
- Ability to work in remote teams across time zones and geographies.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, including written and oral communications.
- Occasional weekend work if projects or assignments necessitate activity when workers are out of the office.
- May have to work off-hours if there are critical problems requiring IT intervention.