Sr. Laboratory IT Analyst
firstPRO is seeking a Senior IT Support Analyst with at least five years of experience in the field. This candidate must come with experience in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. This role is primarily onsite with some flexibility, so candidates must live within a commutable distance to the South Philadelphia area to be considered. Compensation for this role is up to $65/hr., based on experience.
- Act as IT administrator on various IT systems in laboratory areas, including areas operating to the standards of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and assist with tasks such as setting up systems, users, roles, access levels, user onboarding training, etc.
- Provide tier-2 support of application incidents reported through the help desk in the laboratory systems.
- Work with application vendors and help resolve application incidents, maintenance items, and enhancement requests.
- Perform daily monitoring of laboratory and R&D applications in production use.
- Lead small to medium complexity software upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases.
- Implement changes using documented procedures that are compliant with each department's policies and procedures.
- Take ownership of low to medium complexity issues and act as a liaison between customer and other support staff to facilitate resolution.
- Ensure data is backed up appropriately in the laboratory systems.
- Work with business users in developing and maintaining requirements/specifications and test cases for new or enhanced functionality to department applications.
- Participate in the installation and support of hardware and peripherals.
- Provide support for planned and unplanned downtime.
- Anticipates problems, provides solutions to complex problems with the necessary priorities, and presents the solution to the business partners.
- Builds relationships with the business partners users) and presents ideas clearly and concisely.
- Perform or participate in analysis of systems/applications/databases and in the coordination of implementation and maintenance plans, including troubleshooting issues.
- Assist in developing department education materials and training of core users of the current laboratory system.
- Serve as primary IT contact for the laboratory and clean room systems, ensuring both vendor and internal activities are on track through well-defined action plans and communication.
- Support IT office systems for Tier 2 support for End User and Conferences/Events.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation
- Minimum of 5 years of managing IT systems in a laboratory setting in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry
- Documented experience in supporting Laboratory Information Systems preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with GMP, quality systems and regulatory standards requirements in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology
- Able to don cleanroom garments and personal protective equipment (scrubs, gowning coverall, sterile boots, masks, gloves, goggles) aseptically and work in a clean room environment for extended periods of time.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong Break / Fix skills with desktops, workstations, notebooks, printers, and handhelds.
- Broad experience of IT with strong understanding of networks, servers, and telecoms.
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer service to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to mentor or share best practices with other members of the team.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating.
- The ability to work in a flexible, team-oriented environment is required.
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices.
- Ability to lift/move computer equipment weighing up to 50 Lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support business needs.