Our customer, a growing company in the Medical Device space, is seeking a PHP Developer for a hybrid contract-to-hire opportunity in their downtown Philadelphia, PA office. Named, for the 8th consecutive year, to the INC 5000 list of the nation’s fastest growing companies, our customer offers an exceptional and professional work environment, complimented by a commitment to world class service to their customers.
Our customer oversees and builds applications for all aspects of medical device alerting processes that include, but not limited to mobile applications, iOT systems, CRM, ordering and fulfillment systems, finance, and data warehouse systems.
Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years of experience. Requirements include:
• Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (including CodeIgniter) and should follow industry best practices.
• Understanding of fully synchronous behavior of PHP.
• Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming and ability to write quality back-end code building efficient PHP modules.
• Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
• Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages.
• Knowledge of Linux OS and virtual machines and REST APIs.
• Ability to create technical/design documents if needed.
• Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
• Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Extensive work experience in working with large applications and the ability to understand complex business processes.
• Experience in contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle as needed and should always deliver a quality code after a thorough unit testing.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and provide support to resolve production issues.
The ideal candidate is preferred to possess a BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication, and social interaction skills. The ability to interact directly with all levels of business stakeholders is expected.
Work Hours and Travel Requirements:
Candidate must be open to providing off-hours production support as needed. Our customer’s IT Team works in a hybrid environment where the candidate will only be required to be in the Philadelphia office twice a week.
Interested candidates may submit their resumes for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. firstPRO is an EOE.