firstPRO is seeking a qualified ITAM Engineer for our client, a large organization based out of Pennsylvania. They are seeking someone with experience in ITAM, ITSM, CMDB tools such as ServiceNow. No C2C
- Compensation: Up to $85/hour with benefits offered (Health, Dental, Vision), Weekly Pay
- Type: Contract
- Hybrid (3-4 days onsite)
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Make strategic decisions and optimize spending within the IT environment to build Asset Management.
- Perform daily and long-term operational and strategic management of hardware and software.
- Identify gaps and assemble the people, processes and technology needed to close the gaps to the desired future state plan.
- In conjunction with the IT Service Delivery and Operations: IT Asset Management Lead, lead the development and of both short term and long-term plans for future Asset Management initiatives.
- Create and execute governance and strategic asset management function.
- Responsible for the governance concerning the ITAM tools applied in managing, monitoring, and reporting on IT assets and inventory.
- Develop and maintain processes, policies, standards, systems, and measurements that help the organization to effectively manage both daily and long-term its IT asset portfolio (software and technology-related hardware) with regards to cost, control, risk, compliance, business performance objectives, and IT Governance.
- Apply a continuous improvement approach in enhancing the strategies employed in technology spending, as well as in tracking company assets within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) throughout their lifecycle.
- Develop procurement strategies across the organization that optimizes technology spending.
- Responsible for managing lifecycle of hardware and software models from their introduction to their retirement.
- Ensure quality control throughout the lifecycle of all company IT assets by developing and implementing appropriate procedures to track and manage them.
- Manage and maintain databases and records of information such as licenses, service agreements, and warranties for the organization’s software and hardware and make sure they comply with vendor contracts in different software tools.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendor service providers.
- Ensure compliance with vendor contracts by carrying out effective planning and monitoring and working with hardware assets and software license.
- Define and enhance scheme for identifying hardware and software-related assets as well as CIs, including versioning and dependencies in the asset management tools, attributes, the Contract management library, and the CMDB.
- Manage inventory of CIs and assets, (including dependencies and attributes), making sure that modifications, withdrawals, and additions of existing ones are correctly recorded by the teams in charge of the tools.
- Utilize integrated software solutions that connect all company departments involved with IT assets, including the procurement, deployment, expense reporting, and management departments.
- Perform verification and audit of CMDB content; verify software assets with license contracts, confirm hardware assets with actual inventory, and initiate corrective actions and track them.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Engineering, or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of IT software and hardware as well as 5+ years’ experience working as an IT asset analyst.
- Strong knowledge and 5+ years’ experience working with a CMDB and the specific business services that IT supports.
- Knowledge of licensing agreements involving software, including Microsoft, IBM, and Oracle
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes, as well as experience with discovery & integration tools, ServiceNow experience preferred.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques such as 6 Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban, etc. required.
- Familiarity with PCI requirements and security best practices