Buyer / Procurement Specialist – Manufacturing
Location – Elkridge, MD
Hours – Standard M-F Hours. Onsite 5 days a week in an office (No remote)
Salary – $70k-$85k
Benefits – Full time, permanent role, with benefits and PTO.
Our client, a manufacturing company located near Elkridge MD, is seeking a Buyer, which will report to the Procurement Manager. This is a direct hire opportunity, and you are hired as an employee directly for the company.
The salary range aligns with candidates within 3-7 years of experience. You are welcome to apply if you have more experience, but salary range will remain at $70k-$85k.
Preferred experience working in these industries: Pharma, Medical Device, Biotech, Healthcare, or Chemicals
– Strategic sourcing and management of assigned supplier categories
– Manage supplier risk through compliance of company procedures
– Oversee supplier negotiations including bid documents, RFPs, and collecting bid proposals.
– Update vendor price lists as needed
– Meet with key suppliers periodically
– A completed bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred, but will consider years of experience with a completed high school degree or higher
– 3+ years in a procurement or purchasing role
– Must have experience using a major ERP system, Oracle preferred
– Must have experience purchasing raw materials
– Must have experience working in Pharma, Medical Device, Biotech, Healthcare, or Chemicals
– Must have strong communication skills and attention to detail
– Ability to sit for long periods of time, in an office setting
– Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
· If offered the role, you will need to complete a background check and drug screening.
· At this time, sponsorship is not being offered for this role.