Jr. Network Administrator
firstPRO is seeking a Jr. Network Administrator who will be responsible for overseeing infrastructure and technical architecture, administration, support, and maintenance of Client/Server and web systems, while collaborating with management and senior network/system administrators. The role involves defining requirements, analyzing technical and security needs, and contributing to detailed project specifications. This role is on-site in Center City, Philadelphia, and it also requires some travel. Compensation is up to $40/hr., based on experience.
- Adhere closely to changing management practices, policies, and procedure standards.
- Assess and integrate business requirements when designing technical solutions.
- Create and maintain network architecture documentation.
- Monitor day-to-day network operations, providing troubleshooting and proactive support.
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain computer and communications hardware and software aligned with business and technical requirements.
- Contribute to the execution of project plans, facilitating needed business system enhancements.
- Participate in network design recommendations and services by third-party vendors and business partners.
- Conduct system reviews, including event log analysis, system logs, and monitoring of critical hardware and software.
- Ensure timely delivery of work according to established timelines, reporting statuses to the project management team.
- Stay updated on new technologies through training, research, and reading reference materials, with a focus on specific technologies.
- Ensure network designs comply with HIPAA, SOX, and PCI compliance requirements.
- Evaluate technologies for their applicability to the IT department and business objectives.
- Uphold network and application security standards, redundancy, resiliency, and documented procedures for critical event remediation.
- Collaborate with business analysts, support specialists, and the user community to align infrastructure and configuration with business requirements.
- Track the progress and quality of work using project management/work effort software.
- Manage changing notices and change orders, accounting for scope changes.
- Be responsible for time tracking and work entries, offering constructive ideas for process improvement.
- Train department employees in computer and communications systems functions as needed.
- Keep Infrastructure Leadership informed about work efforts and potential challenges that may impact business relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of professional IT infrastructure experience in Systems Administration, Network Administration, Security Administration, demonstrating an ability to advance.
- Proficiency in network and systems administration, including databases, web applications, datacenter operations, and core business applications.
- Experience with multi-location business enterprise and technical centralization.
- Bachelor's or Associate Degree in Information Technology from an accredited institution or equivalent, verifiable experience in the technology field demonstrating advancement.
- Information Technology-related certifications are a plus, with a focus on network and systems administration (Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, A+, Net+, etc.).