A company in the automotive industry has a current opening for a Compensation Analyst/Specialist to join their team. Located near Mohnton PA, this position would focus on compensation, commission, and bonus analysis and report to a director level supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- This role will perform regular analysis on all incentive programs and proactively research and identify market trends related to variable compensation
- Analyze incentive pay, commission, and bonus programs
- Present analytical discoveries to various relevant department leads
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics and monitor the activity and use of incentive pay
- Focus on helping design the incentive pay programs that will reward our associates for their efforts.
- Researches employee benefits in similar industries; based on findings, recommends changes or updates to the company’s existing benefits or policies.
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Evaluates and implements job analysis instruments and materials.
- Conducts data and cost analyses to be used in employee negotiations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- 1-4 years of compensation or analyst experience required
- Experience with Vlookups, creating and using formulas, and creating and using pivot tables
- Experience with variable pay plans or bonus and commission plans is a plus
- Experience with large datasets preferred
- General understanding of compensation practices and pay laws and regulations
- Knowledge of compensation systems, preferably Oracle
- Intermediate Excel skills required, Access and PowerPoint preferred.
- Customer centric mindset – providing a high level of service to HR business partners
- Willingness to help and collaborate with others including their own and other departments
- Possesses a compliance mindset with high attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to make decisions, utilize good judgement, and identify and escalate issues when needed
- Ability to diagnose a system issue and be resourceful to solve the issue
- High-level of personal integrity including keeping highly sensitive information confidential
- Interest and motivation for personal and professional development