How long have you been with firstPRO?
- I’ve been at firstPRO for just about 2 years (in November)!
What do you do? What’s your day-to-day like?
- I am an accounting and finance recruiter, focused on contract recruiting. My day-to-day consists of connecting with candidates to learn about their career goals and speak to them about the different job opportunities we have available to them. I walk them through options, support them through the entire interview process, and am there for them as they accept positions and begin working. My goal is to make the job process as smooth as possible for each of my candidates and build quality relationships with each of them.
What do you love most about the job?
- I like building connections with my candidates and learning about each of their career paths so far. I love when they are excited about a new position, and I can help them take that next step in their career.
What are the biggest challenges in your job?
- Maintaining candidates in a job market where things are always changing and moving. Being transparent and having open conversations with my candidates is something I do to help keep them calm and in the loop in the ever-changing market.
What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- Growing my headcount in a tough market!
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
- “Keep moving forward”, specifically in this job. Unfortunately, things won’t always go my way but instead of dwelling on what could have happened, I keep working and moving forward.
What are some of the standout factors you’re looking for when you match candidates with clients?
- I think communication is one of the most important factors when matching candidates to clients. If I can connect with my candidate and learn more about them personally, rather than what’s on paper, it helps me determine which client will be a good fit for them.
Do you stay in touch with your previous placements?
- Yes, most of my placements are in contract positions, so I connect with them on a weekly basis to check in and see how things are going in and out of work. I will also stay in touch with candidates I don’t place, checking in with them. I like to maintain these relationships as well.
What do you like to do for fun outside of work?
- I love to read and travel, which I hope to do more of! I’m also a huge Bruins fan, so I like to watch them and go to games when I can.
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- London is at the top of my European travel list!