How long have you been with firstPRO?
- I have been with firstPRO for 2 years and a month.
What do you do? What’s your day-to-day like?
- I am a Technical Recruiter. I spend my days reviewing job applicants and searching the job boards to match IT candidates with specific needs that our clients have.
What do you love most about the job?
- I enjoy helping people either find their home or helping them gain needed experience on their resume that will help them reach their IT career goals.
What are the biggest challenges in your job?
- The biggest challenge about my job is navigating people, which is also a main part of my job. Being able to get someone a job is a great feeling, but on the flip side if I’m not able to get someone a job, communication with them is very challenging.
What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- The biggest accomplishment I am proud of has been the placements I have made that have helped veterans of the United States Military either start or advance their IT careers.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
- You have to ride the eps and flows of this job. The days that are harder just make the wins and good times even better.
What are some of the standout factors you’re looking for when you match candidates with clients?
- Technical abilities are always important, but I believe the culture fit is probably the most important thing.
Do you stay in touch with your previous placements?
- I think LinkedIn has become a great tool for keeping in touch with previous placements. It is great for having a quick catch-up chat, recognizing career accomplishments, or even just wishing them a happy birthday.
What do you like to do for fun outside of work?
- I am a 4 for 4 guys. I like to spend as much time as I can down at the stadiums cheering on the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, and Flyers.
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- I would love to visit Ireland.